Do you plan on getting a lot of painting done in the near future? Maybe you have a lot of projects around your home that you have been putting off for a while. Most of us have rooms that we need to touch up or totally repaint, to give them a new life and vibrance. Many of us have been at the point where the outside of our house could use a fresh paint of coat too. That’s why today, we are going to be taking a look at a variety of the best professional airless paint sprayers.
The biggest issues with painting are that it is a really messy task, and painting can take a lot of time. Having to add multiple layers and coats to any surface can be a hassle and a daunting task. Thankfully, you may be one speedy, compact device away from making your upcoming painting projects much easier.
Airless paint sprayers are one of the fastest ways to get quality painting jobs done in the shortest period of time possible. These devices give you the ability to totally overhaul the way that you paint for both indoor and outdoor projects. Let’s take a look at some of the key indicators of a high-quality airless paint sprayer.
Airless Paint Sprayer Comparison Table
Graco Magnum 262805 X7
5/8 hp Universal
Titan ControlMax 1700
Graco Magnum 262800 X5
1/2 hp Universal
HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879
Wagner 9175 Airless Twin Stroke
Professional Airless Paint Sprayers In Depth Reviews
1. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
This airless paint sprayer model is incredibly versatile and is perfect for painting for a variety of projects. You can easily attach a one or five gallon paint barrel to the suction tube, so that you can use this sprayer for big or small painting jobs. You can attach a 100 foot hose to this sprayer so that you can easily paint a two or three story house.
One of the best features of this particular airless paint sprayer besides the length that it allows, is how easy it is to clean.
All you have to do is attach the nozzle to your garden hose for a quick and easy cleaning. Another advantage that you are getting with the Magnum X7 is durability. If you have a lot of painting work or projects coming up in the near future, you can get a lot of quality use out of this paint sprayer. It has a use recommendation of 125 gallons of paint every year.
This particular airless paint sprayer is ideal for people or families who have large houses and/or have a lot of painting projects that they need to get done within the year.
- This model has a totally adjustable pressure gauge which gives you the power to adjust the paint flow
- The piston pump is made of stainless steel so that you can spray unthinned paint at high pressures.
- It has a flexible suction tube that you can easily use to connect to either a one or five gallon paint bucket
- This sprayer has an annual recommended use of up to 125 gallons per year.
- All you have to do is plug the power flush adapter up to the garden hose for a quick and easy cleaning.
- This model supports up to 100 feet of painting hose, perfect for two and three story homes
- Comes with a metal spray gun, a flexible hose, pump armor fluid and guide to use it
- This model is a little difficult and messy to clean.
- It takes some getting used to when adjusting the pressure.
2. Titan ControlMax 1700 PRO High-Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
Technically speaking, this next airless paint sprayer is designed for outdoor use. It comes with its own cart so that you can hold up to a five-gallon paint can, which makes it larger and bulkier than anything else on this list. However, if you’re looking for high power and efficiency, then you will appreciate what this model has to offer.
Because it’s larger, it has a much bigger and better motor than most other compact paint sprayers.
This ensures that the whole unit will last longer than the competition. It also allows you spray unthinned paints if necessary.
The nozzle is much better than most airless sprayers, and it can reduce overspray by up to half. This ensures that you don’t get as much blowback while you’re working. Again, since this is built for the outdoors, that’s something you’ll have to consider.
- High-powered motor
- Cart to hold 5-gallon paint bucket
- High-efficiency nozzle and sprayer
- Works with thinned or unthinned paints
- Everything stores on the cart
- Variable pressure control
- Paint filter inside
- Can be noisy
- Cart may be too bulky for some kitchens
3. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Sprayer
This Graco Magnum airless paint sprayer is the little brother paint sprayer to the X7, which we just reviewed. This model also features a fully adjustable pressure gauge that modify to suit any painting job that you have. It can connect to a one or five gallon paint bucket for quick and easy painting, and you can even attach this sprayer’s cleaning adapter to your garden hose for a quick and easy clean up.
This airless paint sprayer would be ideal for using to paint your one or two story house, or a building of the equivalent or comparable size.
One of the greatest selling propositions of this particular airless paint sprayer is that it is a high threshold for use. You can use up to 125 gallons of paint through this unit every year, which makes this model ideal if you have a lot of painting projects coming up in the near future.
Unfortunately, the X7 doesn’t give you as much hose length as the previous model that we looked at, but this airless paint sprayer is suitable for using on small projects and one to two story homes.
- Comes with a fully adjustable pressure gauge for to quickly change the dispelled pressure
- Stainless steel pump gives you the ability to spray unthinned paint at higher pressures
- You can attach this paint sprayer model to a one gallon or five gallon bucket of paint
- It has an annual recommended use of up to 125 gallons of paint, per year.
- You can use the power flush adapter on this model to attach your sprayer unit to your garden hose, which make for quick and easy cleaning.
- This particular Graco model can connect up to a 75 foot paint hose to clean a one or two story house.
- Comes with a stainless steel spray gun, a 25 foot paint hose, a power flush adapter, pump armor storage fluid and an operations manual.
- Similarly to the X7, this model also does not make clean up as easy as it sounds. It can be a little difficult and messy.
- It would be nice if this could connect to a longer hose
4. HomeRight Power Flo Pro 2800 C800879 Airless Paint Sprayer Spray Gun
This airless paint sprayer model is seriously sturdy and powerful while also offering easy portability while you are using it. This model gives you up to 2,800 PSI, and a ½ horsepower motor, which makes it suitable for most spraying jobs. It comes with a swivel-tip spray gun and reversible tip, which makes it easy to use and clear clogs from the nozzle.
This excellent paint sprayer is not only strong and portable, it is also really easy to clean.
What makes this model stand out the most from some of the others is the PSI and the amount of horsepower that you are getting with this fortified airless paint sprayer.
The highlights of this particular airless paint sprayer are the amount of power that you get with this compact model, along with all of the added value from the spray gun, tip, ceramic inlet valve and the other aspects of this paint sprayer that will keep it working strong for years to come.
- This powerful paint sprayer can deliver up to 2,800 pounds per square inch of spraying power
- It has a strong ½ horsepower motor to give you plenty enough propulsion while painting
- This airless paint sprayer is positioned on sturdy legs, to give you even more stability
- This model can spray nearly one liter of paint per minute
- This paint sprayer model comes with a 515 sprayer tip, that will help prevent clogs while you are using it.
- The tip is reversible and easy to unclog
- The swivel paint spraying gun is included with this airless paint sprayer unit.
- It has a non-sticking ceramic inlet valve that is wear resistant, so that you won’t have to worry about replacing it for a long time.
- This model also includes an adjustable pressure gauge that you can use to easily adjust your sprayer
- It can attach to either a one gallon or five gallon paint bucket.
- Using the power sprayer is a bit of an adjustment, if you have never used one before.
- This model is also kind of high maintenance when it comes to cleaning it.
5. Wagner 9175 Airless Twin Stroke Piston Pump Paint Sprayer
This airless paint sprayer from Wagner is both portable and powerful.
The first thing that you will notice about this paint sprayer is that it is attached to a durable cart with some heavy-duty wheels, making this sprayer easy to take just about anywhere that you need to use it. It has an adjustable handle that you can easily change to the height of the painter that is using it.
This model is a little more compact than some of the models that we have looked at previously.You can attach up to 50 feet of hose to this sprayer, which isn’t as much as some of the other models that we have looked at, but still gives you a decent amount of length for most painting projects. The highlights of this paint sprayer are the durable construction and the powerful motor that it has to offer.
This particular airless paint sprayer brings several unique characteristics to the table that may be appealing for your next painting project. Namely, the portability and the adjustability that this sprayer provides makes it easy to move around and even easier for people of all heights to use.
- This powerful model has a ¾ horsepower motor
- It provides a smooth and steady flow of paint through the sprayer at .35 gallons per minute
- This airless paint sprayer uses a versatile, commercial grade spray gun
- It can use up to a 50 foot hose, which gives you a decent amount of length and range for most painting jobs.
- It is attached to a mobile cart or dolly and has an adjustable cart handle so that you can adjust the cart to your height.
- The industrious wheels on this paint sprayer make it really easy to take just about anywhere.
- This small paint sprayer is great for home improvement work and small construction jobs, but it doesn’t offer a lot of length for larger painting jobs.
- Would not work well for painting a two or three story home
6. Graco Magnum 261815 ProX7 Hi-Boy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
The greatest value that this Graco Magnum paint sprayer has to offer is the usable length of the hose. The ProX7 can connect to up to a 150 foot hosing, giving it the greatest usable hose length of any paint sprayer in this review. This makes this paint sprayer ideal for large painting jobs, and can be used for either personal or commercial use. It sits on a durable and portable cart that makes it easy to take and use anywhere.
The greatest selling propositions for this airless paint sprayer are the amount of length that it gives you while painting and the amount of power it gives you as well.
To power this professional airless paint sprayer you are going to either need to connect it to a 15 amp power source, or you can plug it into a 1,500 watt generator. Thankfully, this model comes with an SG3 spray gun, so that you don’t have to purchase one separately when you get this airless paint sprayer. You can use a variety of different types of paints and coats with this model, including stains, acrylic coats and heavy latex paint.
- This is another powerful paint sprayer from Graco that sprays at .34 gallons per minute.
- This model can be easily attached to a one or five gallon paint bucket
- This model offers a lot of painting power, and can give you up to 3,000 PSI of pressure
- This paint sprayer has a ¾ horsepower engine that can easily connect to a 15 amp household
- You can also plug it up to a 1,500 watt generator.
- Can connect up to a 150 foot hose
- This unit includes an SG3 paint gun, so that you do not have to purchase one separately.
- You can use a wide array of coatings with this paint sprayer.
- You can use it to apply stains, heavy latex paint and acrylic coats as well.
- This model also features a powerful flush adapter so that you can quickly and easily clean your sprayer, when you are done painting.
- The hose that comes with this model is stiff, and may need broken in to make it a little more flexible.
- This Graco model, like others, takes about 30 minutes to clean.
How To Choose The Best Professional Airless Paint Sprayer
Power (Horsepower and PSI)
One of the first aspects of any paint sprayer that you are looking at should be the power. The power of a sprayer is going to indicate to you what that sprayer would be best used for. For outdoor painting projects, taller structures and multiple story houses, you may require more power from your paint sprayer to effectively coat the surface in question. The horsepower that the motor provides along with the PSI will give you a better idea of what your paint sprayer can handle.
Does your paint sprayer come with an adjustable gauge? Having an adjustable gauge gives you the autonomy to regulate the pressure of your sprayer, so that you can use it in a wide variety of outdoor and indoor painting venues . If you are planning on using your paint sprayer for more than one kind of painting task, make sure that the model that you get has an adjustable pressure gauge.
The length of hose that your sprayer can hook up to will greatly dictate the places that you can paint. If you own a two or three story home, you are going to need a longer hose so that you can paint those high places. If you are just planning on using your best airless paint sprayer for indoor work, you may not need as long of a hose.
Many airless paint sprayers will be attached to a cart or stand with wheels so that you can easily transport it. Make sure that your sprayer gives you the mobility that you need for painting.
This can be the worst part of most paint sprayer models. Cleaning can be a mess. Make sure that you get one that can easily connect to your garden hose to make cleaning easier.
When Shopping For Best Airless Paint Sprayers
Here are a few other considerations that you may want to take into account when you are shopping for a professional airless paint sprayer.
- Is it going to be used primarily for indoor or outdoor use?
- Is this going to be used commercially or for personal use?
- What do you plan on budgeting for a paint sprayer?
- What kinds of paints or coats do you plan on using with your sprayer?
If you have any other questions, you should get into contact with a professional to help you make your decision.
Advantages Of Airless Paint Sprayers
The biggest advantage that you will have with using an best professional airless paint sprayer is that you will save so much time. Painting with your traditional bucket of paint and brush or roller is fine if you are just doing some touch-up work, in or around your home. If you have a bigger painting job or project that needs to be done though, that can take a long time to complete.
Using an airless paint sprayer gives you the ability to lay down quality coats of paint in a fraction of the time that it can take to use a roller or brush. Airless paint sprayers give you a huge advantage when it comes to painting larger areas, like the paneling on the outside of your house.
Another advantage to using these sprayers is that they allow you to adjust the range and the pressure that you apply and dispel paint. This gives you the ability to dial in the amount of pressure that you need for both indoor and outdoor painting, for either larger areas or smaller areas that you want to paint.
How To Use An Airless Paint Sprayer
To effectively use an airless paint sprayer, you are going to need to get one first. Afterward, you are going to need a bucket of paint that you can use with your sprayer. Most of these models will give you a hose and an adapter so that you can connect it to various sizes of paint buckets. Most of these models will be able to connect to a one or five gallon bucket of paint.
Make sure that your adapter is securely attached to the paint bucket and that your sprayer is connected to an appropriate power source. Every paint sprayer should include the amount of power that is required to run your paint sprayer.
Make sure that you are wearing the appropriate safety gear before you start using your sprayer. We recommend using at least some quality safety goggles and a mask to cover your nose and mouth. You can also use some gloves to prevent paint from getting into contact with your skin. Otherwise, make sure that you follow the instructions that comes with your sprayer.
Who Needs a Professional Airless Paint Sprayer?
Airless paint sprayers are ideal for anyone who needs a faster and more efficient way to complete a painting project are job. Some of these sprayers are specifically built for personal home improvement projects to help you easily spray a new coat of paint on your home. Other deluxe models of airless paint sprayers are great for commercial or construction jobs, where you need to do a lot of painting. If you are facing some serious painting projects in your near or immediate future and need it for either personal or professional use, airless paint sprayers can help you save a lot of time and energy.
Out of tell of the best airless paint sprayers in this review, which is the one that stood out the most amongst the competition?
What were some of the key values and factors that contributed to you making that decision?
For us, The Graco Magnum 262800 X5 was the best professional airless paint sprayer in this review.
This particular model makes for an effective outdoor and indoor paint sprayer, and gives you the mobility that you need to be able to take it anywhere that you need it. It has plenty hose length for a wide variety of painting scenarios, and can spray unthinned paint at high pressures that are ideal for layering on a solid coat of paint.
This sprayer also features a reverse tip that you can use to quickly unclog your spray gun, so that you can get back to painting. There are a lot of serious, reliable and powerful airless paint sprayers in this review, but these are just a few supporting features that lead us to believe that this airless paint sprayer is the best of the bunch.